6 Useful Tree Planting Tips
Tips to Help You During the Best Time to Plant Trees in Colorado
Tree planting can be tricky and if you don’t do it correctly your trees might not survive the process. This is not something you have to do on your own, if you don’t have time, don’t have the experience or just want to learn from the experts, call us and ask about our tree services in and around Denver.
Since this is the Best Time to Plant Trees in Colorado, here are 6 very useful tips to help you plant your trees properly:
• Plant the top of the root ball slightly above ground level. The root collar must be visible one inch above final grade.
• Set root ball on solid ground and not on loose backfill in the hole; this will eliminate settling.
• Remove at least the top 1/2 of all wire and baskets from balled and burlapped trees and completely remove containers from containerized stock.
• Adding peat moss or manure to soil in the planting hole is not necessary. (Too much can cause a “potted tree” effect and restrict root growth.) Backfill hole with original soil.
• Do not fertilize at planting time.
• Optimum planting periods are from March 15 to June 15, so you’re right on time to start!
Always remember that trees are an important part of every community and finding the proper species that will thrive in Colorado’s unique environment can sometimes be a challenge. Feel free to contact Royal Tree’s ISA Certified Arborist. We’ll be more than glad to assist you and provide you with a free estimate of our services.
At Royal Tree Company It’s All About the Customer
Royal Tree is a full service tree company that was created with the idea that the customer always comes first. We provide the highest standard of customer service, where you are truly appreciated and treated as you deserve. We have more than 14 years of Arboriculture experience, and are ISA certified arborists.
We are always seeking new ways to improve our craft, and continue delivering the best customer service at the best price in the market. Call us today for a free estimate by one of our ISA certified arborist. We are available 24 hours for emergencies. When talking about trees we are simply the best!